The Baohouse team comprises permanent and temporary staff with one thing in common: A burning desire to right social wrongs. If you are a social justice advocate, then apply to be a Baohouse intern. Qualified candidates should:
- Be studying or pursuing a degree in communication design or a related field (e.g. human-computer interaction, information design, computing, etc…).
- Be able to demonstrate proven artistic and creative ability through the presentation of a design portfolio.
- Possess extensive technical experience with the Adobe Creative Suite; web-design and content management software (e.g. WordPress); communication technologies for asynchronous and synchronous interaction (e.g. email, Skype)
- Possess familiarity, but not necessarily fluency, with web-programming language (e.g. HTML, CSS, etc…)
- Possess a desire and ability to learn new software as needed quickly.
- Understand user-centered research methodologies and ethics.
- Be available to work at least 20 hours a week.
- Be fluent in English and have strong English writing skills.
- Have a source of funding since this is an unpaid internship.
- Have a problem-solving mentality and work well independently and within a team.