On October 22, 2008, registrants of the conference may participate LIVE using either Rensselaer’s MediaSite (a video streaming tool) or Adobe Connect, a web conferencing tool. URL links to both tools will be provided upon registration.
For Conference Registrants:
It is required that your computing equipment meets the following minimum standards so that you may best take advantage of the conferencing tools listed below.
- Internet Explorer 6.0 or later
- Netscape Navigator 7.1 or higher
- Mozilla Firefox 2.0 or later
- Safari 2.0.4 or later, or Firefox 2.0 or later
Other Technical Specifications:
- Windows 2000, or XP, Windows Vista
- Intel Pentium II 450 MHz or faster processor or equivalent (1 GHz recommended when screen sharing)
- 128 MB of RAM
- Minimum display resolution of 800 x 600 pixels
- Windows-compatible sound card and speakers
- A headset with a built-in microphone required for Adobe Connect participants
- Minimum cable or DSL connection
- MAC OSX 10.4.8 or later
- Adobe Flash Player 8 or higher
- Windows Media Player 9 or higher
For MediaSite (video stream) participants:
- Silverlight 1.0 (Viewers will be prompted to install this when viewing.), Please note: The following features are not currently available with the Silverlight viewer: speed control and full-screen video.
- Evelyn Smith, smithe2 at rpi dot edu, 518.276.8461
- Adobe Connect
- Adobe Flash
- Media Player